HOUSE BILL 545
54th legislature - STATE OF NEW MEXICO - first session, 2019
Jim R. Trujillo and Susan K. Herrera and
Roberto "Bobby” J. Gonzales and D. Wonda Johnson
MAKING AN APPROPRIATION FOR SERVICES FOR SENIOR CITIZENS THROUGHOUT NEW MEXICO.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO:
SECTION 1. APPROPRIATION.--
A. The following amounts are appropriated from the general fund to the aging and long-term services department for expenditure in fiscal year 2020 to fund the following programs and services:
(1) one million two hundred ninety-five thousand seven hundred thirty-eight dollars ($1,295,738) for the following senior services delivered through the four area agencies on aging:
(a) adult daycare;
(b) case management;
(c) congregate meals;
(d) home-delivered meals;
(e) in-home services;
(f) transportation; and
(g) senior center services;
(2) one hundred six thousand ninety dollars ($106,090) for volunteer programs, including foster grandparents, senior companions and retired senior volunteers;
(3) thirty-five thousand twenty dollars ($35,020) to fund evidence-based Alzheimer's programming in northern New Mexico;
(4) thirty-seven thousand eighty dollars ($37,080) to fund competitive athletic and fitness programming for seniors; and
(5) ten thousand dollars ($10,000) to fund legal services for seniors.
B. Any unexpended or unencumbered balance remaining at the end of fiscal year 2020 shall revert to the general fund.
- 2 -