SENATE BILL 628
54th legislature - STATE OF NEW MEXICO - first session, 2019
Linda M. Lopez
MAKING AN APPROPRIATION TO THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT TO CONTRACT WITH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CENTERS TO PROMOTE THE EXPANSION AND SUSTAINED GROWTH OF LOCAL FARMS, RANCHES AND FOOD ENTREPRENEURS AND THE PRODUCTION, MARKETING AND DISTRIBUTION OF NEW MEXICO AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO:
SECTION 1. APPROPRIATION.--
A. Four hundred thousand dollars ($400,000) is appropriated from the general fund to the economic development department for expenditure in fiscal year 2020 to contract with economic development centers in Bernalillo county and Sandoval county to promote:
(1) the expansion and sustained growth of local farms, ranches and food entrepreneurs;
(2) value-added services support and improvements to the complete process from origin of local foods through distribution to the marketplace;
(3) market and facility development and improved infrastructure;
(4) intrastate, e-commerce, local, regional and international trade of New Mexican food products; and
(5) community education to expand awareness and promote the benefits of good nutrition through the purchase of clearly labeled food.
B. Any unexpended or unencumbered balance remaining at the end of fiscal year 2020 shall revert to the general fund.
- 2 -