HOUSE BILL 129
54th legislature - STATE OF NEW MEXICO - second session, 2020
David M. Gallegos and Sheryl Williams Stapleton
RELATING TO PROCUREMENT; RAISING THE DOLLAR LIMIT FOR CERTAIN PURCHASE ORDERS FOR CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO:
SECTION 1. Section 13-1-154.1 NMSA 1978 (being Laws 2007, Chapter 312, Section 1, as amended) is amended to read:
"13-1-154.1. MULTIPLE SOURCE CONTRACTS--ARCHITECTURAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES CONTRACTS--INDEFINITE QUANTITY CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS.--
A. A state agency or local public body may procure multiple architectural or engineering services contracts for multiple projects under a single qualifications-based request for proposals; provided that the total amount of multiple contracts and all renewals for a single contractor does not exceed six million dollars ($6,000,000) over four years and that a single contract, including any renewals, does not exceed five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000).
B. A state agency or local public body may procure multiple indefinite quantity construction contracts pursuant to a price agreement for multiple projects under a single request for proposals; provided that the total amount of a contract and all renewals does not exceed ten million dollars ($10,000,000) over three years and the contract provides that any one purchase order under the contract may not exceed [one million dollars ($1,000,000)] three million dollars ($3,000,000).
C. A state agency or local public body may make procurements in accordance with the provisions of Subsection A or B of this section if:
(1) the advertisement and request for proposals states that multiple contracts may or will be awarded, states the number of contracts that may or will be awarded and describes the services or construction to be performed under each contract;
(2) there is a single selection process for all of the multiple contracts, except that for each contract there may be a separate final list and a separate negotiation of contract terms;
(3) each of the multiple contracts for architectural or engineering services has a term not exceeding four years, or for construction, has a term not exceeding three years, each including all extensions and renewals;
(4) a contract to be awarded pursuant to this section to a firm that is currently performing under a contract issued pursuant to this section will not cause the total amount of all contracts issued pursuant to this section to that firm to exceed:
(a) six million dollars ($6,000,000) in any four-year period for architectural or engineering services; or
(b) ten million dollars ($10,000,000) in any three-year period for construction; and
(5) the procurement is subject to the limitations of Sections 13-1-150 through 13-1-154 NMSA 1978."
SECTION 2. EFFECTIVE DATE.--The effective date of the provisions of this act is July 1, 2020.
- 3 -