SENATE BILL 177
54th legislature - STATE OF NEW MEXICO - second session, 2020
MAKING APPROPRIATIONS TO NEW MEXICO STATE UNIVERSITY TO SUPPORT AGRICULTURAL PROGRAMS.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO:
SECTION 1. APPROPRIATIONS.--
A. The following amounts are appropriated from the general fund to the board of regents of New Mexico state university for expenditure in fiscal year 2021:
(1) one hundred fifty thousand dollars ($150,000) for the New Mexico department of agriculture to develop and promote market opportunities for farmers, ranchers and agribusiness in New Mexico;
(2) one hundred fifty thousand dollars ($150,000) for the New Mexico department of agriculture to carry out the New Mexico agriculture workforce development program pursuant to the New Mexico Agricultural Workforce Development Program Act;
(3) three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000) for the New Mexico department of agriculture to carry out the food and agriculture experiential learning programs;
(4) two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000) for the New Mexico department of agriculture to assist the soil and water conservation districts pursuant to the provisions of the Soil and Water Conservation District Act;
(5) five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) for the college of agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences, center of excellence in sustainable food and agriculture systems;
(6) one million two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($1,250,000) for New Mexico state university to maintain twelve agricultural experimental station research facilities statewide;
(7) four hundred fifty thousand dollars ($450,000) for eight 4-H program staff positions;
(8) one hundred twenty-seven thousand dollars ($127,000) for the college of agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences' farmer and rancher resource center; and
(9) fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) for the office of the chancellor to support the strategic doing program with hiring a strategic planning facilitator and a project coordinator and funding other staffing and operating costs of the program.
B. Any unexpended or unencumbered balance remaining at the end of fiscal year 2021 from programs funded in Subsection A of this section shall not revert to the general fund.
C. The appropriations in Subsection A of this section that are for existing programs are in addition to funding in the General Appropriation Act of 2020.
- 3 -