SENATE BILL 232
54th legislature - STATE OF NEW MEXICO - second session, 2020
John Arthur Smith
MAKING AN APPROPRIATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AND AUTHORIZING EXPENDITURES FOR FISCAL YEARS 2020 AND 2021.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO:
SECTION 1. APPROPRIATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION.--
A. The following amounts are appropriated from the general fund to the department of transportation for expenditure in fiscal years 2020 and 2021 for the following purposes:
(1) five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) to construct roadway and pedestrian improvements on Delgado avenue between Mesa road and 10th street, including drainage, paving, signage, striping and lighting in Belen;
(2) five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) for reconstruction, including lane additions, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, storm drainage, sidewalks and curb and gutter, on 7th street and Sycamore avenue in Clovis;
(3) one hundred eighty-three thousand dollars ($183,000) to extend Chile Capital lane from its current terminus to Canal road in Hatch;
(4) five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) to improve south 1st street, including pedestrian bump outs, streetscape enhancements, landscaping and curb cuts for handicap accessibility in accordance with the federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, in Raton; and
(5) five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) for reconstruction of Nimitz drive from State street to Washington avenue, including new pavement, sidewalk, curb and gutter, lighting, drainage and utility replacement, in Grants.
B. Any unexpended or unencumbered balance remaining at the end of fiscal year 2021 shall revert to the general fund.
- 2 -